2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 (2 1/2 pound) skin-on salmon fillet
Sliced scallions for garnish
8 ounces whole-wheat pasta
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons whole-wheat breadcrumbs, toasted
1) Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2) Juice 1 lemon and 1 lime into a small bowl. Whisk in miso, oil, maple syrup, pepper and cayenne. Place salmon, skin-side down, on the prepared pan and spread the miso mixture on top. Halve the remaining lemon and lime and arrange around the salmon, cut-sides up.
3) Broil the salmon just until it flakes with a fork, 7 to 12 minutes. Serve with the lemon and lime halves and sprinkle with scallions, if desired.
4) While the salmon is cooking, Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
5) Combine oil, garlic, anchovy paste, crushed red pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until sizzling, about 3 minutes. Add the reserved water, the pasta, salmon, parsley and salt. Cook, stirring, until the sauce coats the pasta, about 2 minutes. Serve topped with breadcrumbs.