8 ounces Neufchatel Cheese softened, (cream cheese may be substituted)
¼ cup Fresh Basil Leaves chopped
2 Scallions – green portion only sliced
¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
Pinwheels (makes 8 pinwheels):
1 large (9-inch) Flour Tortilla (regular or gluten-free)
1/6-1/4 of the Fresh Herb Cream Cheese recipe
3 slices Smoked Turkey (packaged)
¼ cup fresh Baby Spinach leaves with stems removed (about 20 leaves)
1-2 tablespoons grated Cheddar Cheese
1) Cover tortilla with a damp paper towels and microwave for 15 seconds.
2) Spread ¼ to ⅙ of the fresh herb cream cheese onto one side of the tortilla covering the entire surface.
3) Place the spinach leaves on herb cream cheese.
Note: leaving a ½ inch around the outer edge of the tortilla will keep all ingredients inside the tortilla.
4) Cover with turkey slices followed by the grated cheese.
5) Gently roll up the tortilla with the ingredient to make a roll. Using a sharp knife slice the roll into ¾ inch slices or pinwheels.
6) Secure the outer edge with decorative picks or toothpicks.